Saturday, January 7, 2012

January 2012

Happy New Year!  Wow, just like that 2011 came to a close and here we are in 2012.  This also means that I am 2 1/2 months away from crowning my successor.  I'm so blessed to have had the opportunity to work with so many charities and organizations in 2011, and I have so much more that I want to accomplish before I move on to the next chapter in my life.

Today, I had a wonderful time at Tempe Town Lake Beach Park supporting Mesa Assoc. of Sports for the Disabled.  MASD is a non-profit organization dedicated to providing sports and recreation opportunities year round to individuals with all types of disability.  Having grown up with a paraplegic father from the time that I was four years old, this was something that I was truly honored to be a part of.  These individuals are amazing and I admire each of them for their perseverence, courage and determination.  They are strong, positive examples to everyone that they meet. 













While I was at the event I also had the priviledge to spend time with John Rhode, the Season 12 winner of BIGGEST LOSER!  What a remarkable, humble man he is.  He lost 225 pounds and is such an inspiration to so many people.

January is filled with a lot of wonderful events for me, so stay tuned!  And, although I initially thought that the 2012 pageant would be in February, one year from the time that I won, it will actually be held in March.  Yes, that means that I get a 13 month reign, and that much more time to make a difference!

Happy New Year!

Lori Skutnik
Mrs. Arizona America

No comments:

Post a Comment